Please note the following:
TAX RECEIPTS for donations over $20 will be sent out by Jumpstart!
Proceeds from this event will support Jumpstart & Calgary Health Trust (NICU)
Jumpstart is a national charity with a commitment to local communities. Jumpstart gives kids from families in financial need the same chance to participate in sports and physical activity programs as their neighbours, their classmates and their friends. Jumpstart knows that physical activity isn't just about soccer fields, ice rinks, karate mats and baseball diamonds. Our list of funded activities is long (more than 70!) and every child can find something they would like to do for the love of play, including a variety of sports, dancing, swimming, and martial arts programs.
Canadian Tire Corporation is Jumpstart's biggest supporter as it funds all the general administrative expenses of Jumpstart, which allows Jumpstart to direct 100% of customer donations directly to kids in need in the communities where the donations are made.
Community Partners, like the Canadian Paralympic Committee, Boys and Girls Club, YMCA, municipal parks and recreation departments and numerous others work with local Jumpstart Chapters to identify the kids whose families need Jumpstart's funding assistance to get them off the sidelines and into the game. With the generous support received through the Mother Day Run, Walk and Ride, Jumpstart will be able to reach more kids and achieve an even greater impact than we anticipated in 2017.
Calgary Health Trust
1 in 8 babies born will need the care of the NICU. Help us give every infant a fighting chance to live the best life possible. Your support of the Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk and Ride helps to provide the equipment and resources to give them just that.
Some babies come into the world as early as 23 weeks and weigh as little as 500 grams. How can we help them live the healthiest lives possible? The care these babies receive in the first minutes, hours, days and sometimes even months in the NICU can mean life or death and have lifelong impact on their development and future health.
Proceeds from the 2017 Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk and Ride will go towards the redevelopment of the Foothills Hospital NICU. This new space will put leading-edge research into action, combine the very best in people, space and technology and ensure that every newborn has access to the specialized care and attention only world-class NICU’s can provide.
Thank you for your participation in the 40th annual Sport Chek Mother’s Day Run, Walk and Ride and Calgary Health Trust. Together, we are transforming health care for our community today and well into the future. For more information, visit www.calgaryhealthtrust.ca.
Individual Fundraising Incentives
Raise funds and you will receive one of the following items based on the amount of pledge money you turn in. Prizes are not cumulative. Product may not be the same as shown and may be replaced with product of equal or greater value.
- Please include the full name, address, postal code, phone number and pledge amount for each donor; otherwise a tax receipt cannot be issued. Tax receipts will only be issued for amounts of $20 or more and will be mailed prior to December 31, 2017.
- All cheques payable to: FGL Sports Ltd.
- Completed pledge forms and collected monies must be turned in at Package Pick Up on Thursday, May 11 @ 12:00pm – 8:00pm, Friday, May 12 @ 12:00pm – 8:00pm or Saturday, May 13 @ 10:00am – 2:00pm at Max Bell Centre (1001 Barlow Trail SE).
- Pledge Prize item will be based on the total amount of Pledges turned in at Package Pick Up/Fitness Fair (No Exceptions!). This includes online pledges!
- Pledge Prizes will be available until May 31, 2017. Pledges handed in after this date will no longer be eligible to receive pledge prizes.
- If you have any questions regarding the pledge form or these procedures, please call the Mother's Day hotline at 403-717-1675.
- Jumpstart charitable business number is 1379 29 451 RR0002.
- TAX RECEIPTS for donations over $20 will be sent out by Jumpstart!
- Proceeds from this event will support Jumpstart & Calgary Health Trust (NICU)